- SANDALS RESORTS NAMED CARIBBEAN’S LEADING HOTEL BRAND
- November 12, 2009
I am so proud and excited to share this article with you!SANDALS RESORTS NAMED ‘CARIBBEAN’S LEADING HOTEL BRAND’ AT THE 2009 WORLD TRAVEL AWARDS FOR THE 16th STRAIGHT YEAR~Luxury Included® Caribbean Resort Company Takes Home 10 Trophies, Including Multiple Wins within the Prestigious ‘World’s Best’ Categories~MONTEGO BAY, November 11, 2009 - For the 16th year in a row, Sandals Resorts was named the Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand at the 16th Annual World Travel Awards held November 7-8, 2009 in London, UK. In addition to this distinguished honor, Sandals Resorts and sister-brand, Beaches Resorts, also enjoyed top nods during the event, taking home the most awards of any resort company honored during the ceremony. Sandals Resorts Founder and Chairman, Gordon “Butch” Stewart, along with son Adam Stewart, CEO of Sandals Resorts International (SRI), were on hand with several of the company’s top executives to accept the awards.“Throughout our 28 years of operation, our number one priority has always been – and will continue to be – offering travelers a top luxury product and an unforgettable experience,” Gordon ‘Butch’ Stewart, founder and chairman of Sandals Resorts said. “With a recent $125 million expansion in Turks & Caicos, a resort set to debut in Great Exuma, Bahamas in January 2010 and a new partnership with Martha Stewart Weddings, we are humbled and flattered that our ongoing efforts to modernize and improve our resorts have been recognized today.”For a total of 10 trophies, Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts rose above other highly acclaimed hotel brands, including three wins within the highly sought after ‘World’s Best’ categories. The Caribbean resort company’s top honors included:
The World Travel Awards were established in 1993 for the express purpose of acknowledging and celebrating achievements in all areas of the world’s travel and tourism industry. This year’s voting campaign reached a total of 183,000 travel professionals worldwide in more than 160 countries. Nominations for this year’s World Travel Awards were based on the previous year’s voting.Sandals Resorts:Sandals Resorts has earned a worldwide reputation for providing two people in love with the most romantic vacation experience in the Caribbean. Currently, there are 14 Luxury IncludedÒ Sandals Resorts located in Jamaica, Antigua, St. Lucia and The Bahamas. Each offers stunning beachfront locations; a choice of à la carte restaurants, from white-glove dining to barefoot elegance; all premium brand wine and spirits, including an exclusive partnership with California's legendary Beringer Vineyards; luxurious accommodations in a range of categories; unrivaled watersports including the Caribbean's largest PADI certification program; Butler Service for truly indulgent pampering; Sandals Weddings by Martha StewartTM; and signature Red Lane® Spas, with services and treatments inspired by the region. In January 2010, the all suite Sandals Emerald Bay, Great Exuma, Bahamas will debut, offering 183 all-butler service rooms and suites, an 18-hole championship Greg Norman-designed golf course and 150 slip marina.
- World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company – Sandals Resorts International (14th year)
- World’s Leading Family All-Inclusive – Beaches Resorts (12th year)
- World’s Leading Family Resort – Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa (3rd year)
- Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand – Sandals Resorts (16th year)
- Caribbean’s Leading Family All-Inclusive – Beaches Negril Resort & Spa
- Antigua & Barbuda’s Leading Resort – Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa (3rd year)
- Bahamas’ Leading Resort – Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island (5th year)
- Bahamas’ Leading Hotel - Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
- St. Lucia’s Leading Resort – Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort (5th year)
- St. Lucia’s Leading Spa Resort – Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort
Sandals Resorts has set the industry standard for the Luxury IncludedÒ vacation and has been voted the Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand at the World Travel Awards for 16 years in a row, and World's Leading All-Inclusive Company for 14 years in a row.
Again, I can't tell you how proud I am! Please share this with your clients' as this will show them that we really are the best vacation option out there and we have won the awards to prove it!
Wishing you all a fantastic day!
Quote of the week:
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T. S. Elliot
- Read More
- Wedding Professionals Conference
- November 23, 2009
- Hello Canada!Last week Beaches Turks and Caicos played host to a group of 75 wedding professionals and their guests. I can say without a doubt that we are fully equipped to handle any group, no matter how large or small. From conference space to extra activities, we will make sure that everyone in your group has a truly unforgettable experience.(Above photo: Danielle Andrews Sunkel and Tracey Manailescu, producers of the Wedding Professionals Conference)Below you will find an e-mail that I received from Danielle Andrews Sunkel and Tracey Manailescu, producers of the Wedding Professionals Conference.“Wow! What an amazing conference, this was indeed the best conference we've held to date.Attendees were met at the airport and whisked off to our host resort, the 6-star, Beaches Turks & Caicos, where they were greeted with a chilled towel and a rum cocktail.Later that evening Beaches held a Welcome Cocktail Party, complete with a live performer, cocktails and hot and cold canapes. Attendees got to hobnob with the Speakers and were encouraged to visit the Wedding Office where the new Martha Stewart Sandals Wedding Collection was being previewed on the Plasma screens. Cakes and accessories from the collection were also on display.The next day seminars began at 8:30am. The speakers were amazing and spoke to both our beginner attendees as well as our seasoned pros, everyone was able to take away valuable info and tips from each seminar. Attendees were able to enjoy everything the resort and island had to offer after 1:30pm, and enjoy they did!The following afternoon, delegates donned Wedding Dresses and took part in the largest known Trash the Dress Photo Shoot. We had 12 professional photographers and about 50 amateurs on the beach snapping away like a wall of paparazzi. What a great time we all had jumping off piers, racing down waterslides, floating in a lazy river, swimming in the ocean and splashing through fountains all while wearing our wedding dresses!Our final day was Sandals/Beaches Day where every attendee got the chance to become Sandals Certified. Our training was interrupted by some furry monsters, Cookie Monster, The Count and Elmo to name names. All of the attendees had a great time getting their photos with the characters and we've already seen a bunch of Facebook Profiles updated with the pictures.That evening Beaches treated our group like royalty! The delegates and speakers went on a Catamaran Cruise for cocktails and hors d'ouerves, then met their travel companions and were treated to a gorgeous Gala set up beside the French Village Pool. The night included tons of food stations, beautiful floral and feather centrepieces, live entertainment, awards to Top Sandals Sellers, raffles from over 22 sponsors with a Grand Prize of 5days/4nights at any Sandals or Beaches Resort!Many new friends were created and several relationships were made stronger. Each Conference delegate and Speaker got to see how much can be accomplished, shared and learned when people put aside their egos and help improve each other. We are all better Wedding Professionals for it.A HUGE thank you to our host resort Beaches Turks & Caicos and especially Sandals National Business Development & Promotions Manager, Gina Tsirmpas. This was by far the easiest Conference we have ever put together and considering this conference was 1,600 miles from our hometown, that says A LOT!”Thank you Danielle and Tracey for your feedback!When you are searching for a location for your next conference, meeting or incentive trip, look no further than Sandals and Beaches Resorts. With amazing facilities, state of the art technology and service beyond your imagination, we are the ideal choice for your next group event!!Wishing you all a fantastic week!!GinaQuote of the week:
Trashing the dress! Everyone had a great time!!
- Read More
- Honda Element Giveaway
- November 26, 2009
- Hello Canada,A few months ago we launched our “We Love Travel Agents” contest which we gave away hundreds of prizes which consisted of gift baskets to trips and our GRAND PRIZE was a Sandals Wrapped Honda Element. Our industry partners had a chance to enter with every booking they made to Sandals or Beaches Resorts and once they would make the booking they would fax the booking information to our office.I am very happy to announce that the winner of the Sandals vehicle is Janice Bell from Timmins Ontario. Janice worked very hard to get all of her entries in (she made 35 bookings within a 3 month period) and her hard work sure paid off.(In the photo above...Maureen Barnes-Smith, Director of Operation, Unique Vacations Canada with Jancice Bell, Superstar CSS Travel Agent,Youlton Travel in Timmins)Below is the e-mail that Janice sent me just a few hours after she won:“How do I start this letter when I’m totally in shock!To my surprise today at the Sandals Workshop in Timmins.(which was great by the way) I was presented with a gift basket which I won in regards to the Sandals contest that was promoted earlier this year. Lorna presented me with it and Justin took a picture of us holding the basket smiling away. I said wow I get a nice beach towel and I was happy with that; Maureen got up and spoke about the Honda Element and the contest..Then she proceeded to say it is with great pleasure to announce that the winner is also from Timmins..I hit Liseanne my colleague next to me and said it must be you..I can’t win ...I won the gift basket..Then my name was called and for a moment I wanted to be sick! But excitement overcame that feeling real fast and I jumped to my feet and started jumping up and down. I wanted this vehicle for three years now, my eyes were filled with tears..I think I even said a bad word (not a real bad one ) lol..I cried ,I laughed and shouted and was just over whelmed with joy!..Believing in the Sandals/Beaches product sure paid off.. Believing in what you sell sure has its benefits and this was the cream of the crop!..I always loved my Sandals/Beaches product and those at Sandals who have come in contact with me sure know that...Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this great opportunity to have a new vehicle which to let you all know was in my prayers last week..and to be able to expand my Sandals/Beaches sales by driving my moving billboard..well what can I say.I am so very excited I can wait to get behind the wheel and wave to all who know me in town and to those who know how hard I work to promote your product..this vehicle is so me!!Everyone in the office is so excited for me and are thrilled to death..We will be placing a full page add in our local paper....NOW IS THE TIMEDo you guys think Adam or Butch could deliver it in person ..lol “Congrats to you Janice! I am very happy for you and I am also very proud of your success and your accomplishments. I thank you so much for your support, dedication and your loyalty!!Watch out for this contest which will be coming out this winter season...The more bookings you make the more chances you have of winning!!Wishing you all a fantastic day!GinaQuote of the week:“Honors and rewards fall to those who show their good qualities in action.” - Aristotle
- Read More